Sunday, October 2, 2011

In Leicester




I arrived in Leicester on the 27th and the city is pretty nice. I'm living in the student village here its called Oadby village. When I first got here they put me in this temporary housing until my term accommodation was ready. The temporary room felt like one of those little jail cells it was small and tiny and had no a/c. The first night here I got a sore throat and a little bit of a cold. My first week here has been nice mostly just learning the layout of the campus, which is very small. Its about the size of just the northside of a&m campus and north gate combined about. The city is nice giant shopping center I'll probably be there during my free time window shopping or buying something to mail home. Also just getting information on how to register for my classes and registration for me starts tomorrow and then classes start next week. This week coming up is freshers week which is like orientation week but it more like party week. Theres a party every night to go to and so much fun and crazy things to do. Its pretty cool all the dorms in Oadby village have a bar area and they all have something planned for this week and even the bar and club on campus have things planned to. Yep there's a bar and club on campus which is pretty cool. Its been crazy I've been out to the pub and bar here every night since I got here to England its been crazy but alot of fun. I've met so many interesting people and so many people from different countries its awesome! Yesterday I moved into my term accommodation and its amazing its huge and I have a fireplace in my room. :) 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it has been a blast so far! Have fun and study hard.

    ReplyDelete